Mosamaria was started in 2003 as part of the response to the call by Archbishop Njongonkulu Ndungane of the Anglican Province of Southern Africa, for the Anglican Church to respond in some meaningful way to the Pandemic of HIV/AIDS which was and still is devastating Sub-Saharan Africa.
Mosamaria is a registered NPO 070-155, and Public Benefit Organisation and a Faith Based Organisation, exempt from paying all taxes. It has Section 18(a) tax exemption. It operates as a Diocesan Organisation with its own Management Board with Bishop Dintoe Letloenyane as the Chairman.
Mosamaria strives to work together with all people of all religious denominations to curb the spread of HIV through correct knowledge and the ability to make important life decisions, and to support all people regardless of race, creed or colour, who live with HIV.
Mosamaria Vision Statement
Mosamaria AIDS Ministry envisions all people in the Free State showing God’s love in practical and effective ways to all those whose lives have been affected by HIV/AIDS and to all who have been infected with HIV.
Mosamaria Mission Statement
To work tirelessly and with complete dedication to:
- Eliminate stigma, empower through knowledge, and decrease the spread of HIV through information, education and compassionate communication.
- Provide a network of care and support to as many people living with HIV as possible.
- Provide a highly professional mobile and home-based HIV Confidential Counselling testing service.
- Promote Homestead Trench Vegetable gardens to improve nutrition.
- Provide support to Orphans and Vulnerable children through the OVC Programme.
- Work together with other organizations and churches with the same vision as Mosamaria.
- Advocate for better services for People living with HIV/AIDS through the Free State HIV/AIDS Coalition
The sun represents the warmth and care given to those in need by Mosamaria.
The flower represents growth and progress in healthy living with HIV/AIDS.
The Red Ribbon, a well known symbol for HIV/AIDS, wraps around the images and name to unite the elements into one logo.